If you are interested in receiving the Covid-19 vaccine please call us today to get on the wait list. For more information about the Kansas covid-19 vaccination phase plan, please visit www.kansasvaccine.gov
AHC Mission Statement:
“Entrusted with peoples’ lives, we are committed to provide, enhance, and preserve the health care of our community with compassion, dignity and excellence”.
Responsible to: Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Charge Nurse
Supervises: Supervising CNA’s and LPN’s
Interrelationships: Works cooperatively with nurse managers, nursing personnel, medical staff, other department managers and personnel, patients and the public.
Services provided at our facility include acute care, skilled nursing care, intermediate swing bed, emergency department, and outpatient services. This position covers each of these areas. Registered nurses provide compassionate, and individualized nursing care to patients and have a variety of duties. Specialized duties include administrating prescribed medications, typically intravenously, ordering and evaluating diagnostic tests, monitoring specialized equipment, and interpreting electronic displays as well as responding to life-threatening situations based upon standing protocols.
Registered Nurse/RN Charge Responsibilities
• Promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process
• Collaboration with providers and multidisciplinary team members
• Providing physical and psychological support to patients and families
• Supervising assigned team members
• Knowledge and nursing practice compliant with the Kansas Nurse Practice Act
and generally accepted standards and patient care practice
• Versatility and multi-tasking required to work in multiple departments of the
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college or technical school. Medical/Surgical/Emergency or Critical Care experience in a similar size hospital is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Registration and current registered nurse (RN) license with Kansas Board of Nursing. BLS Certification required. ACLS, TNCC, and PALS Certifications preferred.
Supervises: Rural Health Clinic ancillary & clinical staff
Interrelationships: Works cooperatively with all AHC departments and Medical Staff to ensure seamless transitions for patients between the Rural Health Clinic and other departments.
Coordinates and supervises all clinic office services and related activities including registrations, cash receipts and clinic medical records. Supervises non-licensed clinic personnel. Coordinates operations with other departments and medical staff.
Job Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. Up to 30 hours per week.
• Solution focused.
• Must be able to balance figures, compile statistics, compose letters/memorandums, coordinate meetings, develop office procedures, and establish filing systems and research information.
• Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and support agencies.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills. (ability to speak Spanish is preferred).
• Must have the desire/ability to learn clinic software appropriate for the position.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required; 2 years of medical background preferred, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Manages frontline employees in the Rural Health Clinic. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Rural Health Clinic. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.